A few months ago I did a webniar for MadCap on my company’s move from Adobe FrameMaker to Flare. We made the move for a number reasons – lack of support for FrameMaker from Adobe, FrameMaker was starting to look and feel “old fashion – but our primary reason for the move was we needed the granular control offered in a topic-based authoring environment, and FrameMaker did not offer that.
The webinar focuses on the following:
- Overview of the migration process
- How we prepared our FrameMaker content
- The import process in Flare
- Cleanup required in Flare after the migration
- How implementing MadCap Flare increased Blackbaud’s content reuse/single sourcing and allowed us granular-level control of output at the paragraph, topic, TOC, and target levels
If you take the time to watch it, let me know what you think or if you have any questions. We are in the middle of moving another large chunk for FrameMaker content into Flare, so the process remains fresh in my mind.