I attended this Q&A hosted by Gather Content yesterday afternoon, and as with all Kristina Halvorson encounters, I learned some good stuff.
- Importance of video-specific content strategies with a strong focus on consistency in word choices, voice and tone
- Observations on “plain language”
- Conflation of Content Strategy and Content Marketing – in a nutshell Content Marketers discover their content marketing isn’t working and in trying to figure out why decide a content strategy is needed. Halvorson’s take – “That to me is hugely backwards.” This entire section of the Q&A is fascinating and alone worth the time of attending.
Here’s a link to the recording. In addition, host Robert Mills provided links to some of the resources mentioned during the talk.
- Facebook content strategy group
- Content strategy and UX Slack group
- GatherContent’s pair writing webinar